Combine the creamy avocado and sweet oranges for a deliciously simple side dish. The oranges aren’t just a tasty salad topping, the juice from the orange actually helps create a delicious simple dressing! This is one of the easiest salads so it’s a great one for a busy weeknight or a quick lunch!
8 Grams Protein
24 Grams Carbs
30 Grams Fats
Preparation time 15 mins.
3 Cups of mixed baby greens (Lettuce, Arugula, Spinach, or Beet).
4 Navel oranges (Peeled).
6 oz Avocado, (1 large or 2 small), sliced.
Salt and Pepper.
- 2 slices of grilled chicken breast.
For the Citrus dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice, + 1 teaspoon zest.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard.
- 1 teaspoon honey.
- Salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce (or your picked greens) on a large platter.
- Cut the oranges into 1/4- inch thick.
- Arrange the oranges, avocados, red onion in and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the Ingredients for the dressing, and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the chicken breast.
- Serve the Dressing on the side or drizzled on top of the salad.
- Last Step Snap, Share, and Tag 😍